Sunday, February 22, 2009

Delhi -6 and SlumDog

Couple of week , when someone asked A.R.Rehman about the ongoing controversy about Slumdog Millionaire , he replied if someone complains about the picture that this film shows about India , then that person should go and make a movie on actual glorious Incredible India and tell them See this is what real India is ..
I dont want to start once again the futile debate about Slumdog but I just started with because Delhi-6 just showed me what Slumdog lacked ... I really admired Slumdog and I thoroughly enjoyed and now I am eagerly waiting for it to win Oscar ...I don't buy the idea that through Slumdog someone painted India as proverty-sticken country .. Slumdog is an excellent work of art and I enjoyed .. But what SlumDog missed is the gaining point of Delhi.. Or it may be "Tale of Two Different Cities "... But if I take both Delhi and Mumbai and India as one entity then ... Delhi -6 showed why Indianness works ..why diversity is our unity .. why the hole in a wall is used by the women of two houses to share ... why the cow giving birth to calf stops traffic .. and why the civilzation has lasted for 5000 years and will continue to grow ...
The combination of Slumdog and Delhi -6 is what we see around ..If a boy in slumdog can become crorepati then an NRI can come here and can visualize the journey within himself ..
Despite all odds a Slumdog becomes millionaire and despite all odds kala bandar brings back communal harmony ..

Lets Celebrate two great pieces of work and story -telling and that's what I have done ..
Jai Ho .. Kala Bandar .....

2 comments:

Random Thoughts said...

i loved this ....
its just a great point of view u shared with all....

i love the way you think and portray things that ppl generally miss to give importance to

Unknown said...

Thanks very much .. You liked it ..